Dear Friends of Eastern Shore Rabbit Rescue,
We are excited to share with you that our “Bun Run 5K” is back for the fourth consecutive year and bigger than ever! This event will be held once again at Salisbury City Park, on Saturday, March 30, 2024, with a virtual option for those unable to participate in person. Registrants can choose to run the 5K route or to walk at their own pace. We are also pleased that local television station WMDT will be our Media Sponsor this year, which will surely increase community attention and hopefully also registrations.
The Bun Run will benefit Eastern Shore Rabbit Rescue and Educational Center (ESRREC), a volunteer-run 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization now entering its 10th year of operations. Our central mission is to find new homes for abandoned pet rabbits in the region. In 2023, we celebrated our 400th adoption!
This year we offer a variety of ways in which local businesses can support ESRREC’s Bun Run:
- Sponsorship – We have four tiers of sponsorship (download PDF) and related benefits, including promotion for your business. The deadline for Platinum sponsors is February 12 so that they can be recognized in the WMDT promotional spot. For other levels, the deadline is March 12.
- Ready to sponsor? You can sign up and pay the sponsorship fee here. If you wish to pay the fee via cash or check, please contact us.
- Team Fundraising – Employees and customers at your business can contribute via online donations. We can help you set up a Team in the name of your business, and can provide a QR code to direct them specifically to your Team for donations. We will recognize and reward the Business Team that collectively raises the most for ESRREC’s Bun Run by March 30!
- NOTE: Sponsors can also create Fundraising Teams.
- If you are not a Sponsor but you would like to create a Fundraising Team, you can still contribute a promotional item to the “swag bags” if your Team is able to raise a minimum of $50.
- Raffle Basket Items – On the day of the event, ESRREC will raffle off multiple themed baskets with high quality goods or gift certificates donated by local businesses and sponsors.
Our goal is to make this a win-win; if you support Bun Run, we will raise the visibility of your generous donations with Bun Run participants and the general public.
We are happy to answer any questions that you may have about our organization or the event. Please feel free to contact our team either by emailing BunRun@esrrec.org or emailing one of the team members below.
Cora C. Dickson
Vice President, Lower Shore Coordinator
Board Member, Rehoming Counselor